HIV/AIDS Awareness Programs
ENDING STIGMA AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS THORUGH SENSITIZATION, AWARENESS GENERATION AND COUNSELLING IN SLUM AREAS
Beneficiaries of the project :
Beneficiaries area Industrial Workers, Quarry and Mine Workers, Agricultural Labourers, & Rural Women, Men and Druck Drivers
Program Duration : ONE YEAR
Geographical focus :
25 Villages in 5 Mandals in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh State in India.
Goals of the project
To impart knowledge and awareness on HIV/AIDS Prevention among the risk behavior groups and the general community.
Objectives of the Project:
- To impart knowledge and awareness on HIV/AIDS Prevention among the risk behavior groups and the general community.
- To Generate awareness among the college and Higher Secondary School Students about HIV/AIDS Prevention.
- To Promote Safer Sexual behaviour.
- To create a conducive environment and atmosphere for confidential reporting and documentation.
- Setting up of Counseling facilities for STD/HIV infected persons.
- Expanding knowledge and strengthening prevention strategies through peer education.
- Empowering women in self-esteem and negotiation skills
- HIV/AIDS communication in a largely illiterate society
- Addressing gender issues in HIV/AIDs prevention
- Planning for vulnerable population, like agricultural Labourers, industrial workers, quarry and mines workers.